You’re going on vacation with the kids? To enjoy and have peace of mind, plan a travel pharmacy with well-thought-out essentials. Here’s an overview.
- Masks (for you but also for children)
- Hydroalcoholic gel
Above all, respect the barrier gestures at all times!
Pharmacy for the little boo-boos:
- Plaster (micropore)
- A pair of tweezers to extract splinters
- A thermometer
- A disinfectant
- A disinfecting and healing treatment (Bepanthene Plus Cream, CHF 10.20)
- An antidiarrheal with natural substances (charcoal and yeast) (Carbolevure caps child CHF 12.50)
Find all the essentials here.
Against insect bites:
- Skin repellents are not recommended on babies under 6 months. Favour natural versions, such as ApadPik Huile Bio Néobulle
- For your evenings out on the terrace, think about packing a mosquito net. They are the best protective shields against little insect bites.
- Soothe itching, redness, and burning sensations with Fénistil® Gel, CHF 12.90. It also works for small sunburns.
In addition to a basic febrifuge (Panadol®, exists in Panadol Junior version CHF 5.10). Hydrate the child, remove the clothes, give your child a bath at 37° for 15 minutes (by reading him a story, for example, to help him waitm wait). Re-check the temperature after the bath.
In case of shocks or bruises:
- For small injuries: place it under cold water or apply a “coldpack” for about 10 minutes. A proven homeopathic remedy to pack with you is arnica granules between 5 and 7 CH.
- Mountain destination ?: Beware of blisters: take these small, effective plasters with you: Compeed®, Blister mix plaster, CHF 11.50.
- As for sprains: an elastic bandage for the ankle and an anti-inflammatory gel.
Sweat, rubbing your skin with towels, sand, and water dilute the layer of sun cream you put on in the morning. Do not hesitate to apply a layer of sun cream after each swim, on dry skin. Choose high protection index. For toddlers, protect them even more by putting them in the shade and dress them with anti-UV clothing and a hat.
The best protection is to avoid the sun at peak hours (between 11am and 4pm).
For more information on sunscreen creams find a small comparison.
We wish you all an excellent holiday. Enjoy your time with your family and don’t forget to rest!
Rédactrice MotherStories – Beauté & Bien-être
Working Mom, 2 enfants
Share this post